The first annual session of the Advisory Board of the FlexPlan project took place on 29th October 2020.
More than 30 people were connected in web conference during the three hours of the meeting. They were relevant stakeholders from many affiliations:
- European Commission (INEA, JRC),
- European stakeholders and organizations (ENTSO-E, E.DSO, T&D Europe, ISGAN),
- TSOs (AMPRION, SwissGrid),
- DSOs (EDYNA),
- National regulators (ARERA, E-Control),
- Consultant companies (CLEANTECH, FEEM, OPTANO, SmartWires),
- Research institutions (Supergrid Institute, EIHP Zagreb, University of Texas).
The following themes were treated during the meeting:
- transmission and distribution grid planning methodology,
- pre-screening of the candidates infrastructures for grid planning (lines reinforcement, new lines, storage devices and activation of flexible resources),
- grid planning scenarios.
The debate was very lively and provided important indications for the activities of the FlexPlan project.
On the FlexPlan web (https://flexplan-project.eu/publications/, “Event presentations” tab), it is possible to download the presentations shown during the event.
The full recording of the meeting (3 hours) is available at: https://vimeo.com/473821498